THE CORE MEMORY FORUM
November 18, 2018, 04:15:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8250  (Read 5663 times)
geraldc

« on: February 15, 2008, 01:19:45 am »

I guess someone found the photo of my data center in Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada, circa 1980 (It's the last photo in your 8250 table with the huge brown air conditioner behind it). We were converting from the 8250 to the 8270. The cabinet on the left is the 8250, the one on the right the 8270. You're more than welcome to use the photo on this great site. I may have borrowed a few NCR publicity photo's for my own memories page.

Just a note to the new sysop: If the 8275 freezes up suddenly, a simple halt/reset/compute will probably not be enough. We discovered after several calls to the NCR service reps (and watching their service activities carefully) that you need to slide open the card cage in the bottom and wiggle all of the cards a bit, then halt/reset/compute. The cards were never fixed in very tightly. We dumped our 8270 at the same time as the bottom fell out of the local economy. In fairness to NCR our unit may have been unique. The local city office ran the same model successfully for years with little or no trouble.

Regards to all,
Gerald.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: