THE CORE MEMORY FORUM
August 15, 2018, 09:03:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aptitude Test Answers  (Read 15525 times)
Chris

« on: July 23, 2008, 01:20:13 pm »

Good Day,
              I have downloaded the S-2, S-5 and E51 Aptitude Tests.
I would be interesting to have the Answers to these tests.
I anyone has the answer pages of these tests it would be appreciated.

Thank You and Best Regards.

Chris Hegter
South Africa.
jorget

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:30 am »

Hi Chris,

... once one has the answers the magic is lost  Wink Smiley

Regards

Jorge Teles
Aleksandrs Guba
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 01:50:49 pm »

Hi Chris,

It's not so complicated as it looks like,- believe me,- just pay enough attention to it.

Let's consider E51 Aptitude Test Example Nr.7.

The key is in Instruction 3 - "Is the second BOX NUMBER (i.e.1),- not a content of box number 1,- mentioned in Instruction 2, less than (number in box 6)?". This may be true only if number in box 6 is less then 1,- that means 0,- if we are using positive numbers. Generally speaking about the said example, it does not matter what numbers are in what boxes, as the example is oriented to evaluate the tested person's attention/concentration ability rather then his/her calculation ability. To be precise, in this example branch leading to the end of algorithm may be taken if, and only if, the number in box 6 is less the 1.

That simple.

Good luck!
Russ_Bartlett

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:12:49 pm »

The reply to aptitude question #7  is incorrect.  Let me break this question down:
1.   None of the boxes contain numbers therefore the contents are irrelevant to a point however,  content of box 6 being the exception!
2.   Box 7 is a distraction.

3.   The process steps are about iteration - 
a.   At step number 5 the box number is increased by 1 (stop after 4 iterations)
b.   At step 6 the box number is decreased by 1 (stop after 3 iterations)
4.   The decision test to stop iterations is at step 3 therefore we can immediately jump to this step with the pointer for box number set at 5 (we have done 4 iterations up and 3 down to 9)
5.   So the question now is the second box number mentioned in instruction 2 (now 5) less than the number in box 6.  If we make the number in box 6 = a value of 5 we   will go to “END” which is exactly what we want to do as we don’t want another iteration!
6.   Box 6 could in fact contain any value greater than 5 to cause the process to terminate but as the question states “in order to accomplish this no more no less”  I’m saying 5 is the correct answer.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:45:04 pm by Russ_Bartlett » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: