THE CORE MEMORY FORUM
January 22, 2018, 10:29:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCR 315 and/or NCR 615 Field Engineers trained at Borehamwood or Brent  (Read 18035 times)
heikobuss

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »

Hi Terry,

i thought about the men who teached us the 615 Tape drives (i remember the "egg crate" ....).

It is possible that his name was Paul Vincent or so??

Regards
Heiko
terrymoz

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 05:19:37 pm »

Hello Heiko
Good to hear from you and your memories of those days at the ITEC on the
North Circular Road.  I remember the incident when I walked into your classroom and
started speaking about the Printer, it was to see how far I could get before someone among the students would
correct me and let me know that it was not the subject they expected. Happily it was not too long before
I was reminded that I was teaching the wrong material.
They were very happy days

Sadly Joe Fry died some years ago, As for Tom Baldwin, Dudley Lowe and Dave Lewis they are all now retired from working, I know Dudley lowe is still with us but have no idea of the status of the others
Soon after 1072 the ITEC was relocated to Dundee in Scotland which was a disaster and very unpopular 

heikobuss

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 08:56:34 pm »

Hi Terry,

thanks for your reply!

I wrote about the young man who teached us the 615-100 processor. His forname was Tom. He drove a red Triumph TR sportscar - after work we used to travel with this nice car through the streets of London. Can you remember his last name?

I wrote about an elder experienced man from Scotland who teached us the 615-200 processor (not a member of the ITEC staff). Did you remember his name?

Is it possible that the teacher for the century magtapes was Paul Vincent (it was his first course)?

Best regards
Heiko

« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:01:01 pm by Aleksandrs Guba » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: